UPDATE – 27th July:
In line with new restrictions we have registered on the NSW Government Website as a COVID Safe Business. We have also, in accordance with current health advice, created a COVID Safe Plan. As part of this plan we have a touch less arrival registration at our Saltwater Bar & Bistro and our Sports Bar with a QR code for patrons to use on their mobile phone. We also have a designated safe hygiene marshall, they can be found wearing a distinctive bright blue vest and can assist patrons with the registration process, socially distanced. We have introduced a QR code for our menu to reduce single use paper menus and keep touch surfaces to a minimum. Group bookings have been reduced to a maximum of 10 patrons or less.
We have social distancing floor markers, and sanitation points at all entrance areas of our property. We have an hourly schedule for cleaning in the Sports bar and Saltwater bar and bistro.
Our accommodation rooms are being left vacant for at least 48hrs prior to cleaning. Our Housekeeping team are cleaning rooms following normal procedures with additional focus on sanitation. Reception benches are frequently cleaned.
Staff are wearing gloves when cleaning and using disposable paper, and washing hands thoroughly before and after cleaning
We are actively encourage contactless payment, social distancing and we are ensuring all patrons adhere to the 4m2 rule. We appreciate the co-operation of patrons and guests during this time and should any guests or patrons have concerns please don’t hesitate to speak with our friendly staff.
UPDATE- 2nd June:
We are so thrilled to be able to open up all areas of our Sports Bar and Saltwater Bar & Bistro. Each area has a capacity based on the 4m2 restrictions, with Saltwater Bar & Bistro able to hold 50 patrons, Saltwater Deck able to hold 50 patrons and up to 24 patrons in our Sports Bar. We still recommend patrons book prior where possible to ensure we have availability. Under current restrictions we are required to keep a list of all patrons on site and their contact details. We ask that patrons please be patient whilst we advise them on new procedures when they enter the venue. We look forward to seeing you enjoy a tap beer! And most importantly THANKS for the support!
UPDATE- 20th May:
Great news travel restrictions with in NSW have now been lifted and we can accept travellers from with NSW for any purpose! Including holidays! So if you need to change the scenery we can certainly help with a spacious 15 acres of accommodation and hygienic, and social distancing measures in place. Our Saltwater Bar & Bistro is also open for up to 10 patrons at a time so you can even enjoy a meal with a tap beer or cocktail in the sunshine on the deck…. on inside if its chilly! Hope to see you soon.
Remember if you feel upwell or are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 please stay home.
UPDATE- 15th May:
After almost 8 weeks of being closed we are excited to announce that as of Friday 15th from Midday our Saltwater Bar & Bistro will once again be open.
We can take bookings for up to 10 patrons to DINE IN at any one point.
Our menu is available for both takeaway and dine in as well as delivery to Avoca Beach between Thursday- Saturday.
We have social distancing measures in place, including sanitisers on arrival and departure, seating allocations and cashless transactions.
Bookings with contact details are recommended. We will offer more than one seating for both lunch and dinner to accommodate patrons.
We ask that patrons bare with us whilst we navigate the swift re-opening in accordance with government restrictions and guidelines.
To book please contact us on 02 4382 2322, and remember if you are feeling unwell or showing any symptoms of Covid-19 please stay home.
We would like to keep you up to date with our internal discussions here at Avoca Beach Hotel. Firstly – we want to wish everyone the best of health today and in the future. We hope you are all doing ok and are coping with the daily changes.
We are still open! We are offering a new take away menu which is available through our drive through bottle shop on site. We are also pleased to be offering accommodation to those in need, with a focus to assist those locally in our community with the need to self- isolate to keep themselves or others safe, health care workers and trades people still working through this difficult time. We are all in this together.
For all future bookings, we are offering the following choices:
1. To retain your booking and shift it to a later date in the year (you don’t need to tell us exactly when yet) just send us an email and we shall accommodate your date change with no admin fee.
2. We understand that many people will simply not be able to contemplate future plans and may need a refund for financial reasons. We will offer refunds with no admin fee to anyone wanting to take this path.
*Note: Before you decide what you would like to do please read a little bit about us: We are a small family business, our family built our venue and have been running this business for over 30 years. We have been affected. We have to date reduced our staffing levels by 75%. Retaining your current booking and choosing to move it to another time will support us! OR if you are a local you can order your dinner or lunch and purchase your beverages from our Drive through bottleshop.
Our plan over the next few months is this:
OUR BISTRO & BOTTLESHOP
1. We have created a take away menu and we are now offering and encouraging our locals to support us by ordering lunch and dinner over the phone and collecting your meals at our drive through bottleshop. We can have the meals and beverages ready for you to put straight into your car boot to avoid contact and maintain social distancing. Further to this we are now providing home delivery to Avoca Beach for dinner Thursday- Saturday.
We will continue to update and post on our Social Media to advise our followers of specials and business updates. You can help us by commenting, engaging and sharing these posts to your friends
2. Our Saltwater Bar & Bistro and our Sports Bar are currently closed in accordance with government directives. Whilst it was very sad to see these areas of our business temporarily close we are committed to ensuring the safety of our community. Stay tuned to our website and social media and as soon as we are able we shall advise you of when these areas of our business are again operational. In the meantime our drive through bottle shop is stocked with a range of beverages, chips, ice cream and even toilet paper and don’t forget you can order lunch or dinner as well.
3. For any people that want something to look forward to – we are still accepting future bookings. We believe, in times like these, it is so important to have something to look forward to. Please note that if your booking falls into a time that requires shifting due to COVID-19 recommendations or implications, we will help.
4. We will continue to abide by government recommendations. At present we are still open to business. Our cleaning procedures will remain thorough – each departure clean and pre-clean is from floor to ceiling with extra emphasis on wherever hands or bodies touch! We are encouraging cashless transactions for accommodation with pre booking over the phone or via tap and go and our reception area has been fitted with a hygiene screen for the safety of our guests and our staff.
Over the next few months – please feel free to reach out, say hello and let us know how you are doing. We are committed to staying strong and look forward to accommodating you in Avoca Beach in the future. Keep up to date by to our joining our mailing list below.